We are forced to live in a system that steals from us daily, Kill snitch culture.
Important things to keep in mind!
- never take from ‘mom and pop’ type store. Its likely you’ll actually harm them, whereas taking from a walmart wont effect much.
- never take items that a worker is assigned to monitor (usually super expensive items), theyll be in trouble for it. and its usually a minimum wage worker and usually they lose hours or pay, or they even get fired.
- similar to the above, never take things that are usually locked up for the above reason
- if its a store you know gives their near-expiration products to workers/charity, try to avoid taking the near expiration products.
- if youre taking clothing, avoid leaving hangers. it sounds weird, but itll make it seem like it was more likely an error in the computer than a theft, since the empty hanger sitting there will seem suspicious.
- also for clothing, try not to take more than one item at once, as it will look suspicious if theres 10 medium shirts missing, and it won’t be written off as just a stocking error. and it will lead to workers being penalized
- basically just always consider ‘will this harm a worker’ and if the answer is yes then dont do it
like i was homeless for a while when i was younger and i tried to follow those guidelines to avoid doing harm to people who were probably not much better off than me while trying to get food for myself.
Holy crap, is there like an unspoken thieves code or something?!
it’s a thing. I won’t even lie. I watched someone slip a nursing exam book in their bag at the store I worked at. She made eye contact with me and the blood drained from her face. I simply gave her a sympathetic nod and walked away.
I live in a small town and I knew she was a waitress at a hotel my sister works at, and people at that hotel don’t tip well during off season. Nursing exam books are 50+ bucks. Being a med student myself, I didn’t even breathe a word, and when inventory came up later and the book was missing, I suggested it was likely a mislabel, and the manager wrote it off.
Sometimes, thievery is a necessity. Don’t send people to jail over petty shit.
Don’t snitch. That is all.
As a person who knows what extreme starvation feels like - even as recently as 2 weeks ago - I honestly can’t hate a person who takes food to feed their families, if they can’t afford food and rent that month. I honestly can’t hate that teenager and his little brother taking the food from the store near us and looking straight at me, and seeing the hunger in their eyes. The desperation. I honestly can’t hate the kids who ended up handing out soft drinks and sandwiches they made with supplies taken from the cooking classroom that were going to be thrown out so everyone had enough to eat. I just cannot.
I cannot believe this is a thing right now. people lose their jobs for people stealing. I manage a clothing store, I get that times are hard but there are other options then stealing. if people need something THAT bad, I will usually buy it for them or find another route to help them out. but to straight up steal? I’m in shock.
I don’t know where you work, but that company is fucked if they fire people over something they can’t control. I worked in retail for years and one place in particular had a serious problem with people running out of the store with carts full of shit and no one ever got fired over it, blamed for it, or made to feel guilty about it.
Dude I’m going to be out of a job if people keep stealing from my store. Work fucking harder, the government don’t give out benefits so you can smoke a 20 pack a day, and watch tv on your 500000 inch tv you bought then complain you don’t have enough money for food. Man fuck all you shoplifters, I work hard to pay for my food, don’t put my company or me out of a job.
I should write a book on how to look expensive and by only spending 99 pennies.
HAHAHAH omg i just died!!!
Anonymous asked: I swear down I saw you on this gothic clothing website but I cant remember the name of it.
Probably, I modelled for one of the mass retailers for alternative clothing a while ago and a lot of the websites use those as they are the original stock photos, they seem to get shared on a lot of websites.
I think they also mass produced a poster in London with my face on for Alternative model of the year contest (even though I have never been in that)
Anonymous asked: You're very beautiful, hope you have a lovely day. :)
Thank you! I just went over to my Grandma and Gordons house to visit, have a chat and see their amazing flowers they plant every summer.
Doll Chateau’s magnificent work of art, Dolores
There is absolutely no problem that cannot be solved by getting ridiculously drunk.